HFM supports the bleeding disorder community through a variety of programs, services, information and referrals. Please contact Lisa Clothier, LMSW, Social Worker and Outreach and Community Education Manager at 734-961-3512 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can support you.
Emergency Financial Assistance Program
HFM’s Outreach and Community Education Manager will work in conjunction with you and your Treatment Center Social Worker or other health care provider to understand your unique needs and see if you meet the criteria for our financial assistance program.
In order to qualify for the program:
- You, or a family member living in your household, must have a bleeding disorder.
- You must not have received financial assistance from HFM in the past twelve months.
The financial assistance program supports temporary financial emergency situations such as (but not limited to) eviction and utility shut off. Each situation is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Availability of the program is subject to the status of the financial assistance program fund.
There are also national sources available for patient assistance. Click here for a list of Patient Assistance Programs.
If you would like to apply to our financial assistance program, please Lisa Clothier, LMSW, Outreach and Community Education Manager at 734-961-3512.
HFM’s 2018 academic scholarship application is now closed.
Amount: Two awards of $2,500 each
Who can apply:
- Individuals within the bleeding disorders community who reside in the state of Michigan seeking a post-secondary education, which can include a community college, university, graduate level or trade school.
- This includes those with bleeding disorders (clotting disorders are not eligible for this scholarship) and immediate family members (parent, sibling, grandchild) of those with a bleeding disorder.
- Past applicants are eligible to re-apply.
- Relatives of HFM employees are not eligible for this scholarship
*Previous scholarship winners are not eligible to apply
- complete the online application
- upload your goal statement to the online application
- upload your proof of bleeding disorder to the online application
- upload two reference letters to the online application
- mail all official transcripts to HFM at 1921 W Michigan Ave, Ypsilanti MI 48103
Applicants will be notified by March 29, 2018 if they have been chosen. Scholarships will be presented to recipients during the SpringFest Conference held at the Eagle Crest Conference Center in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Funds will be disbursed directly to the school in the fall of 2018.
All components of the application will be considered and are reviewed by a scholarship committee. All applications are redacted of any identifying information before being given to the committee. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you any issues completing the application, please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Clothier:
Lisa Clothier, LMSW, Outreach and Community Education Manager
1921 West Michigan Avenue
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Other Scholarship Opportunities:
- Hemophilia Federation of America
- National Hemophilia Foundation
- LA Kelley Communications, Inc.
If you are uninsured or underinsured with your dental coverage, we may be able to help.
We understand that our community faces challenges obtaining dental care to meet unique and individual needs. HFM has partnered with Cascade Hemophilia Consortium to offer free or low cost dental care to those who need it.
In order to be eligible for this program you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have a bleeding disorder or be a symptomatic carrier
- Be a Michigan resident
- Have no dental insurance or only Children’s Special Health Care Services
- If you have Medicaid, you may be eligible for time-limited coverage based on special circumstances–these exceptions are limited and determined on a case by case basis. Please call us for more information.
Reasons you are not eligible for Delta Dental:
- You are not eligible if you have current Medicaid dental coverage (unless there is a special circumstance–these exceptions are limited and determined on a case by case basis.)
- You are not eligible if you have access to dental coverage through your employer or your spouse’s employer, even if you choose not to participate in that coverage.
To maintain your coverage you must visit the dentist twice during the calendar year for cleanings.
If you have application or eligibility questions please contact Lisa Clothier, LMSW, Outreach and Community Education Manager, at email@example.com or 734-961-3512.
Medical Identification Tags
HFM offers a one-time medical identification tag for community members with a bleeding disorder. We understand the importance of wearing a medical ID bracelet or necklace. It provides much needed information for medical responders should you be unable to speak for yourself as a result of a medical crisis or accident. Please contact Ashley Fritsch, Office Manager, at 734-544-0015 for more information about the ordering process. NOTE: Expect an 8 week delivery time
Facing a new diagnosis can be overwhelming. We provide educational opportunities, community events, and resources for people with bleeding disorders and their family. We always suggest that you speak with your health care provider regarding any specific questions regarding your diagnosis and treatment plan. We invite you to explore our website to find out more about programs and events that we have coming up and other resources that might support you. Know that we are always a resource for you. Please call and speak to Ashley Fritsch, Office Manager, to get connected with the Foundation and to receive a welcome packet full of important information.